Monday, May 21, 2012

A Girl That Lived

There are issues that need to be resolved, but many times life give you a chance to wait and ponder over somethings that are not very important. There are many questions that remain unanswered just because they meant nothing important for you. Far far away, back in the time, I was walking with my stick in my hand, my back arched a little. I was somewhat in my eighties at that time. I wasn't a man, in fact I was an old woman. I remember, about some eighty or eighty two years back, I was a girl. A girl with smile on her face and dreams in her eyes. I was just 6-7 years old at that time. I was a girl, and being a girl, I was considered a burden on my parents. The reason was obvious and it was the society, that associate girl with money at the time of her marriage. My parents were not so rich. We were common peoples.
I was very small at that age, so I wasn't able to see my parent's tears that they shed because they gave birth to a girl. Slowly, time passed by. Now I was a teen and somewhat started feel my parents guilt. I always remained confused for what my parents projects on me. Their behavior towards me was never bad, but there was a pressure that they put on me in sense that I should learn what my boundaries are. I never wanted to live that life but I had no other way but to live. Time moved ahead, now I was a young girl completely eligible for marriage. The pressure on my parents was increased dramatically. Many marriage proposal came, but all demanded heavy dowry. My parents rejected them, simply because they hadn't had enough money to pay. I felt at that time if were just a money making machine for all those peoples who sends their proposal. My life had something different for me. I got my true life partner. He demanded nothing. My parents didn't agreed. There logical argument was that they are not demanding anything, it means there is some problem with the guy. Finally, after sometimes when they found that there's no other way other than to say yes to that guy, they finally fix my marriage with that guy. He was not less than diamond. He was very true person. Time passes by, we had our first child. She was a girl. Both of us were happy. I don't know why, but I was confident that she will also get someone who cares for her just as my husband. Time passed and passed, now I am here walking alone with my stick. My husband leaved me alone years ago. I sat on a bench in a garden nearby under a tree. A little girl playing in mud looks at me. She smiles. I also smiles at her spontaneously. She came near me and sit beside me. She says, "Grandma, how are you"? A drop of tear falls on my cheek. She don't knows me, but she asks it so innocently, I replies, "I am very happy". She says, "My parents says that girls can never remain happy forever". I am shocked to her reply. She is very small, she don't even knows what deep matter these words encapsulates. I says, "I am very happy, because I lived my life, and I lived it as a girl. I am a proof in front of you that girl can also live happily". I want to speak more to her. I wanted to tell her what I had seen in my life is a girl that lived. Lived - A word to define that I lived satisfactorily.
As I had initiated with words that sometimes, life gives you a chance to wait and ponder over something that are not much important in your life. Those are the things which have their own values otherwise they would never happened to be there in your life. Life is complex, but sometimes you just need to take a look back at what you have missed that needed your attention. I don't know how will you illustrate these concluding words with this short story, but believe me, read it again, you will find your answer.


No comments:

Post a Comment